Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer in the Mitten

The Lake Huron shoreline with my favorite mode of transportation.

Well I passed Semester 4 and I am officially a third year veterinary student! I can't wait to spend some time relaxing (canoeing, hiking, swimming etc.) in the beautiful state of Michigan and the gorgeous summers that come with it. Beginning in July, I will be traveling about the state working at the Healthy Pet Surgical Suite, an exhibit featured at fairgrounds throughout Michigan. I can't wait, and I will keep you posted on our progress! Here is a link to the HPSS blog that I will be updating shortly: http://mvmahealthypetsurgicalsuite.blogspot.com/

Until the fairs being, I will be working in the laboratory trying to finish my project from last summer (the microbial composition of the gut flora in murine IBD models!). Cross your fingers that these PCR's start to work for me!

On Saturday I am taking off for Honduras with the Christian Veterinary Mission. It should be quite an experience! We are providing veterinary care for the animals of village people in remote parts of the country. Our skills (even just as students) are very valued because these people depend on their animals for their day-to-day survival. I can't wait to use what I've learned to give back, and to see another part of the world! I just need to work on my Spanish speaking abilities until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment